Sunday, March 10, 2013

Act 4 Scene 3 THE GROACH COMES ASHORE



Act 4 Scene 3

THE GROACH COMES ASHORE





~ Curtain Rises ~

INTERIOR OF THE LIVING, BREATHING GROACH SHIP.

(THE GROACH IS ABLE TO TAKE THE FORM OF A SHIP, AN INNOCENT LOOKING LITTLE GIRL OR A MOSQUITO. SHE LURES PEOPLE WITH TREASURE & THEN DEVOURS THEM.)



ACTOR

(To Actor Playing Hamlet)

I can't do this anymore!



ACTOR PLAYING HAMLET

Do as the ship commands! Speak your line!



[ THE GROACH SHIP begins to swallow up the complaining actor. The ACTOR screams in agony as he is sucked into the ships floor.]



THE GROACH SHIP

(Groaning and Creaking)

I hope he was a bit player. I was a bit hungry.


OPHELIA

( Very nervously saying her lines, scared to death.)

There's rosemary, that's for remembrance...



THE GROACH SHIP

Say no more! My jewels have been taken from the shore and call for me! I must eat you all at once and transform into a mosquito so I can surprise each thief!



HAMLET

We can wait on the island and finish the play for you when you return!



THE GROACH SHIP

I am tired of Hamlet.



HAMLET

Shakespeare wrote more plays. You must know them all or simply be known as the belly without a brain!



[ OPHELIA grabs HAMLET by the throat]



OPHELIA

(Whispering through gritted teeth, lips not moving)

She just ATE Laertes and you think insulting her is going to save us?!



HAMLET

[Manages to hoarsely continue tempting THE GROACH]

You have not seen TITUS ANDRONICUS. Oh God! There's the play for you!



THE GROACH SHIP

I will like this play?



HAMLET

It was written just for you! The world will fear you all the more when you can quote it!



THE GROACH SHIP

Then I will leave you in the ruins on Moth Mountain and when I return you will play TITUS for me.



~ Curtain Closes ~



~ To Be Continued ~

No comments:

Post a Comment