Monday, February 25, 2013

ACT 3 Scene 1 ABOARD THE BELLADONNA


ACT 3
Scene 1
Aboard the Groach Ship, BELLADONNA, Captain's Quarters.
[ The BELLADONNA is alive.  Her breath is heavy, almost masculine.  Jewels, gold and other treasures sparkle and fill every available space.  She rocks and creaks and her breathing begins to form words, then a very slow, gravelly singing to the melody of Alice Cooper's: "I'm 18". ]
BELLADONNA
[ Surround Sound, Heavy Breathing, Gravelly Voiced Singing]
Eatiiiiiiinnnnnng.
Eatiiiiiiiinnnnnnng.
I'm eatiiiiiiiiiinnnnng.
Even full from stern to bow,
Even full from bottom to top,
I want some more and I want it right now!
I'm too full but I can't stop!
I'm eating, and I eat more everyday.
Eating.  Don't try to get away!
I'm eating, any time or place.
I'm eating more than a black hole in space!
O, so full from my bow to my stern!
O, so full, top to butt!
Nothing on earth can make my stomach turn.
Welcome to my endless gut!
Even when I'm eating, I feel like I'm not.
Don't care if it is cold or hot.
Don't always chew, sometimes swallow it whole.
No matter how much, I want more than I got.
I'm eatiiiiinnnng.
Eatiiiiiiinnnnnnng!
Eating cause I like it!
[Enter AGONIGHTUS, KALIMAY, WACANDAMACA and FIFI.  Even these fierce, evil spirits seem shocked by the amount of treasure and somewhat nervous about being aboard the BELLADONNA.]
AGONIGHTUS
Are you ready to go ashore?
BELLADONNA
[Creaking, the sound of splitting wood, then the voice]
By and by.
[ A different VOICE from behind a red velvet curtain abruptly speaks in a squeaky, stressed manner.  The VOICE is "shhhhed" by other frightened VOICES.]
VOICE
By and by is easily said.
OTHER VOICES
Shhhh!
AGONIGHTUS
What was that?
BELLADONNA
Hmmm.  Just a bit of someone undigested.  Go now.  I will find you in the village.
[AGONIGHTUS, KALIMAY, WACANDAMACA and FIFI exit rapidly]
~ To Be Continued ~
http://bit.ly/imBp8E I'm 18/Alice Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment